Monday, June 16, 2008

Insider Secrets--Sonoma County

Thought I'd share with you another of my favorite sites--the Local Secrets section on Insider's Sonoma County. I try a new "local secret" every month or so. Here's one post they definitely got right: best winery hike is at Bartholomew Winery in Sonoma. On a clear day you can actually see the golden gate bridge, a real treat. Obviously, going during the harvest season makes the walk even more pleasant, as you can see the grapes growing on the vines. There's also a museum, which I can't comment on because I haven't been there.

Plenty of space here for a picnic, although I wouldn't come out of your way for the wines, which are average. Overall, I think the scenery is quite good and worth a look for those who want that vineyard-hiking experience. There are some pictures from a fellow blogger, here.

No comments: